NATIONAL LUTHERAN SCHOOLS WEEK!
It’s National Lutheran Schools Week, and we’ve been celebrating! We are proud to be one of 1,854 other Lutheran schools around our world. These schools are scattered across 35 districts with 21,312 teachers supporting students in the classroom. It’s amazing to be part of something bigger and a blessing that we can freely share the love of Jesus with so many children around the world every day!
This week, our students have been able to engage in service and celebration with one another:
- We opened the week with chapel and time with family groups.
- We welcomed our 3rd annual Rock/Paper/Scissors winner into the fold – Miss Avery B.!
- Our 6th-8th grade students met with other Lutheran school students around the Twin Cities at Mayer Lutheran High School to hear Heather Ruesch, founder of the You Matter Tour and nationally known speaker for youth and leadership events. She talked to the students about the various aspects of their physical, social, and emotional health and how their identity is found in Christ. He is why they matter.
- Our students engaged in some rowdy all-school assemblies! The most popular one this week centered around our student/staff challenge in which students challenged staff members to daring and crazy competitions. It was fun to see all the students dressed as staff members.
- Four of our local Corcoran PD officers showed up yesterday to judge our school-wide door decorations and watch our school assembly! Let’s hear it for 4th grade who took 1st place, 7th grade who won 2nd place, and K and PS who tied for 3rd place!
- We’ve served up treats all week long, but NLSW wouldn’t be complete without a sugary breakfast of pancakes and syrup tomorrow from 7:00-8:00 A.M. Don’t miss the annual pancake flipping contest at 7:30! We will close the week with devotions together and a final assembly before a night of basketball games begin!
Tomorrow marks our FINAL DAY to collect cereal for C.R.O.S.S. The class to bring in the most cereal gets a cereal party of their own. It’s not too late to support this worthwhile cause. Help us to help others!
To read our entire newsletter, click here: https://stjlutheranschool.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/January-26-2023-1.pdf